Tuesday, July 23, 2013

Best Moment = First Time



In one regular meeting of UTM TMC, the table topics master prepared the theme, “The Best Moment”.  Some of the table topic speakers talked about “The Best Moment of My Life is, during the wedding of my first child…”, “The best moment of my life is when I first delivered my baby..”, “…when I first came to UTM to do my first degree…” and few more..

Then the table topic master, Dr. Raja ended the session by , “Can I also share my best moment of my life?” and he shared about his “…when I first reported working in UTM…”.

He then continued, “This is the first time the table topic master also the table topic speaker, hahahaha…!!”

One of us then realize, “eh, all of our best moment in our lives are when we were doing something for the first time!”.

Yes, FIRST TIME always be the most memorable ones, and most probably be the best one, like first love, ehem ehem… 

As the president of UTM TMC for this term, 2013/2014, I also have my first time experience. First time deliver the opening speech as madam president last few weeks. Fuuuhhhh…..!!!! And I believe, that is one of the best moments of my live too.

I am happy to be elected, trusted and supported to be the president, even I never be in executive committee before. Less experience in managing a Toastmasters Club is one of the challenges for me. But I believe that experience and knowledge can be gained in our journeys, and everybody has our own unique journeys. I hope that my journey will be as beautiful as I wish it will be.

I shared in my opening speech I delivered, while wearing a shocking pink scarf and purple and pink blouse, that I watched the White House Down movie few days back. In the movie, we can see how a girl love and admire her president so much and at the same time, how an antagonist character in the movie hate the president so much too. So then, while taking the responsibility, I believe that a leader has two options; to be loved or to be hated. And I choose to be loved. I am afraid to be hated or ignored. I don't want it to be happened.

I believe, we must respect to be respected and love to be loved. Hurm, I feel like I know what I need to do. I must respect and love. Then I will serve as best as I can :)

*Thank you very much for all my close friends and Toastmasters friend that gave opinion about taking the president role. Pros and Cons, I really appreciate it. Thank you for UTM TMC members that trusting me, and supporting and will always supporting me, together we serve for our club. Special thanks to my father with his saying, “reject the offer and you will do nothing, but take that chance and at least you will do something”

No comments:

Post a Comment